Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Remember O Most Gracious Virgin Mary

Remember, O Most Gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone
who fled to they protection,
implored thy help,
or sought thine intercession
was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee,
O Virgin of virgins, my mother,
to thee I com, before thee I stand,
sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in they mercy hear and answer me.

Amen

How can I speak of healing from miscarriage without mentioning our Blessed Mother, who also lost her Son because of God's perfect will? Because of her "fiat," her perfect openness to God's holy will, salvation came to all of man. She said "be it done unto me according to Thy will" and she knew God's will was perfect. She heard that a sword would pierce her heart, and she did not waiver, only trusted in God. What a model of perfect submission to God's holy will we have!

After both miscarriages, I have thought about our Blessed Mother and the suffering she must have endured seeing Jesus through His Passion and Death; the pain I felt after losing Ariana and Gianna having only held them in my womb for a few weeks was so immense...it is impossible for me to imagine what it must have been like carrying Him for 9 months, and then caring for Him for 33 years before He endured such a death, and she endured such a loss. How beautiful that she would endure this burden for our salvation and the salvation of our children! How horrible that it was my sinfulness that necessitated her Son's death, but they also gave reason for His becoming man...reason for His becoming hers. Not that I plan to continue in sin, nor am I grateful for sin, but it goes to show God can work all things for good. And so He does with us...He works all things for good. Perhaps by losing our children, we will turn our hearts all the more to Him and thus be aided on our path to salvation. We pray that the good done from losing our little ones in this life bears fruit for our eternal life!

Our Lady of Sorrows, pray for us.
Our Lady of Perpetual Help, pray for us.
Mary, Comforter of the Afflicted, pray for us.
Mary, Mother of Divine Grace, pray for us.
Mary, Refuge of Sinners, pray for us.
Mary, Most Holy, pray for us.

See the Litany of Loreto

No comments: