Thursday, May 24, 2007

Deep calling deep

"Deep calls to deep
at the thunder of they cataracts;
all thy waves and thy billows
have gone over me.
By day the Lord commands his steadfast love;
and at night his song is with me,
a prayer to the God of my life."
Psalm 42: 7-8

There is something about the thought of the depth of God calling out to the depth of my heart that brings me deep consolation in all tribulations. I think it is knowing that God knows the innerworkings of my heart; He knows the depth of my soul, and still he calls to me, to that very part of me. Not only does he call to the depths of my soul, but He commands His steadfast love, His deep and abiding love; a love filled with mercy and with hope. How can I not sing His praise? How can I not offer my life and the life of my children as a prayer to Him?

No comments: