Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"the plans I have for you..."

"'For I know well the plans I have in mind for you,' says the LORD, 'plans for your welfare, not for woe! Plans to give you a future full of hope!'" Jeremiah 29:11

Having miscarried two of my three children, I started reflecting on why God allowed Francisco, our son, to live and not Ariana and Gianna. He could have taken all three up to Himself, but He did not. It is important to God that Francisco is here on Earth. I began thinking, God must have a special plan for Francisco, that he should be allowed to live...which led me to think, why are any of us still here? God must have a plan for us as well...and not just any plan, a unique plan, a plan for our salvation, unlike any other. He has plans for our sanctification, plans for great love, probably plans for great sacrifice, plans for us to give and get mercy: our path to heaven. What is His plan for me? Do I constantly seek to discover His divine will in my life, or do I prefer my own? My own is filled with pride, despair and grief. His is full of joy, love, and hope. How easy is it to fall to despair when we lose a child unless we know that God's plans are for our welfare and the welfare of our children? The pain is real, and I do not discount that we will feel pain, but even through pain and great sorrow, we can find a wellspring of joy and hope, knowing that our good God works all things for His glory.

No comments: