Wednesday, August 29, 2007

God, where are You?

I remember, after our first miscarriage, feeling as if God was absent from my life, like He had excused Himself for the moment. The devastation was so great, and the temptation to despair was immense. Reflecting now on the feeling that He was nowhere to be found led me to one place...the tabernacle, where God is present body, blood, soul and divinity at all times. There are many places I should have known God was, but none so profound as His holy presence in the Eucharist. I urge you to seek Him out in the holy Eucharist because He waits for you. Frequent holy Mass; spend time in adoration of the Blessed Sacrament; there God Himself waits to heal us from every wound suffered.

Really, in those moments where I wondered where God was, there were so many places I could have found Him: in the Eucharist, in my husband's love, in the care and concern of family and friends, in the sacrament of Reconciliation, in sacred scripture, and even within myself, for my body, torn by miscarriage, was still a temple of the Holy Spirit.

May God help us all to remember where He is and never leave Him, as He never leaves us.

No comments: